Re: TZ Consists

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: TZ Consists
From: "ed_de_rouin" <PIXELS@A...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:54:14 -0000
John:

Yes, insert a baggage car into the consist, but also include a
second lounge car to serve as a replacement for the buffet in the
combine. St Nicholas Mountain, a CB&Q owned car in GN
colors, or a KCZ dome obs are fine, especially if S View, or its
sister are on the rear.

Ed DeRouin

--- In BRHSlist@y..., "nycbqfan" <jsauer@e...> wrote:
> So am I going to be able to run my TCZ with a Havelock
baggage and/or
> a "pool" Baggage RPO (Silver Page), mid 50's era? Well,
actually I
> will probably do it anyway, but I am interested in whether it was
> likely/unlikely/never happened.
>
> John (I-said-I-wasn't-going-to-buy/model-passenger-trains)
Sauer
> (what happened to me?)
>

> --- In BRHSlist@y..., "ed_de_rouin" <PIXELS@A...> wrote:
> > Scott:
> >
> > What an interesting question! I don't know which ten cars you
> > purchased, but here is a simple answer. One could write a
book
> > about the consist history of those trains.
> >
> > Baggage Buffet
> > four Dome Chair cars
> > Diner
> > flat top Parlor
> > Dome Observation
> >
> > That is eight cars. The flat top (Without Dome) parlor cars did
not
> > operate for long. Off the top of my head, I do not believe an
RPO
> > operated on those trains. Definitely not on eith morning
> > schedule, nor the northbound afternoon train. A CB&Q
stainless
> > steel RPO went north on the North Coast from Chicago, but I
am
> > not certain with some digging, of on which train it returned.
> >
> > Sounds like you bought an amplified consist.
> >
> > Ed DeRouin
> >

> > --- In BRHSlist@y..., "Scott Stearns" <scott_b_stearns@h...>
> > wrote:
> > > I recently purchased the 10 car consist of the Twin City
Zephyr
> > in brass. I
> > > am trying to find a listing of the consists of the Morning and
> > Afternoon
> > > Zephyrs in the 10 car configuration. I need to find both the
car
> > names and
> > > their locations on the trains.
> > >
> > > Would you happen to know where I could get this
information?