Re: [BRHSlist] RPO model

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] RPO model
From: "Florian Griessenboeck" <florian@v...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:44:05 +0900
> Second, I'd like to install body mounted couplers. Any suggestions as to
which kadees would be best? I'm operating with 32" curves and #6 turnouts.

Usually an ordinary #5 should be just fine - but you have to find out the
right position to mount it on the body. You need another car with operating
diaphrams to do that. Once you have the right position, you can drill a hole
into a strip of brass or syrene and use it as a template for futher cars.
Also take care to of the right coupler hight. A peace of syrene does
wonders. With your 32" curvers there should be no problem and a short
coupled train really looks great!

Florian