RPO model

To: "BRHSlist" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RPO model
From: "Cynthia & Duncan Cameron" <d.cameron@s...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:16:55 -0500
I'm currently working on a Rivarrosi RPO as a stand-in for one of the CB&Q
1900s. I have three questions:

The model comes with something that seems to be intended as either a simulated
diaphram or else as the mounting plate for the diaphram. I've got a diaphram
kit to install and want to know whether I should be removing any of this before
I glue it on, or whether I should just attach it as is. Anyone else done this
before?

Second, I'd like to install body mounted couplers. Any suggestions as to which
kadees would be best? I'm operating with 32" curves and #6 turnouts.

Third, it came in Milwaukee orange and I'd like to strip it before repainting
to preserve the rivet detail. What kind of paint-removers would any of you
suggest for this job?

Thanks.

Duncan