Re: [BRHSlist] RPO model

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] RPO model
From: Ralph Brown <cbq682@g...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 07:58:11 -0600
I too use automotive brake fluid. Buy the cheapest stuff on the shelf. I have a
medium sized plastic bucket that I place the shell in and fill up so that the
shell is completely
covered in brake fluid. I get so many projects going at one time that I have
left a shell in the fluid for a month. It didn't hurt the shell. I find that
the longer the brake
fluid is out of the bottle, the weaker its gets. So about a day or two soaking
will be as good as it gets. Scrub the shell with a medium brush after soaking.
Scrub the shell with
the fluid too. Once your happy with the paint removed, like K.T. said, wash it
really well. Obviously, fluid left on the shell will not allow new paint to
stick. Its a messy job
and certainly not one of the most enjoyable hobby tasks, but it works.

Ralph W. Brown, Jr.
Galesburg, IL