calendar and question

To: "BRHSlist" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: calendar and question
From: "Cynthia & Duncan Cameron" <d.cameron@s...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:10:50 -0500
I just received the 2002 calendar here in Toronto and once again want to
express my thanks for the existence of the BRHS and the work of its volunteers.
As someone who's working with volunteers all the time, I know how much they
sometimes give of themselves to ensure that the programs they care about happen.

The calendar did raise a question for me. As some of you promised, there was a
photo of the Centreville mixed train from June, 1963 included. The text that
accompanies the photo suggests that at that date the train was operating out of
West Quincy up to Alexandria and then to Centreville. My April, 1963 timetable
for the Hannibal Division, however, shows this train originating in Keokuk. The
timetable also shows the train making the round-trip on Monday, Wednesday and
Friday, whereas the caption suggests out on those days and return on Tuesday,
Thrusday, Saturday. I'm guessing that all of this may have varied somewhat, or
that a timetable change happened to take place in May or June of that year.
Wondering if anyone can clarify things for me. On the layou I'll still have the
train leave from Keokuk, but I'd like to know what happened in reality.

Thanks.

Duncan