1940 Texas Zephyr Pullmans

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: 1940 Texas Zephyr Pullmans
From: "David E. Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 16:36:34 -0600
BRHSlisters,

I was taking a look at the equipment of the original 1940 Texas Zephyr and
discovered (yes, even old Q fans learn new things) that there were four
heavyweight Pullmans modernized for this service.

C&S 12-section, 1 DR - Spanish Range
FW&D 12-section, 1 DR - Spanish Crest
C&S 10-section, 1 DR - Lariat Crest
FW&D 10-section, 1 DR - Lariat Range

New roofs, full-body diaphragms and full-length skirting were the obvious
external modifications.

Since I'm relatively new to Pullmans on the Q & subs...were there other 10-1
and 12-1 Pullmans similarly modified for service on the parent road's
trains? and if so which trains and where?

David Lotz
(314-846-8632
* E-mail: Dave_Lotz@m...