Re: [BRHSlist] 5632

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] 5632
From: atsf3460@a...
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 02:30:34 EST
The C&WI did appeal Jensen's court victory and the lower court's decision was
overturned. In the process while all this was going on #4963 went to a
scrapyard (and wasn't scrapped) and #5632 was scrapped.

Some people praise Jensen for keeping steam alive in Chicago when nobody else
was doing anything about steam. The fact that he allowed not one locomotive
but THREE locomotives under his watch be scrapped is enough for me to have a
low opinion of him (#5632, the GTW Pacific, and a NKP Mike). Dick Jensen
died a few years ago so I guess I shouldn't speak too ill of him.

Mike Martin / Peoria Heights, IL