Re: [BRHSlist] OS - Was Suggested Reading

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] OS - Was Suggested Reading
From: John Mitchell <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 07:48:34 -0800 (PST)
Gabe
I, too care for a level of detail, that most would
call "nit picking". My point was, before you call
something "nonsese", just remember that this should
be a free exchange of ideas. Everybody can have
his/her say without being told that their idea is
"nonsense". Many things about the history of the
railroads are not documented. We have a strong oral
history tradition in this business. A lot of the time
things just got started and nobody wrote them down,
because "everybody just 'just knew' the facts! Have a
good hunt for the orgins of "OS" but I don't think you
will find much more.

John D. Mitchell, Jr.