Time: was Suggested Reading

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Time: was Suggested Reading
From: Ken martin <kmartin@c...>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 22:22:11 -0700
PSHedgpeth@a... wrote:

> Someone said, "If a man doesn't know what hour it is he has no
> business being on the railroad.
>
> Pete Hedgpeth

I got this a while ago and it fits here. I can't resist. 8^)

Ken Martin

Subject: [KCS-T-E] Time Change

Somewhere in the Midwest....................

Engineer to Dispatcher: What time is it?
Dispatcher: What railroad are you?
Engineer: What difference does that make? We just want the time?
Dispatcher: It makes a big difference.
If you're Burlington Northern, it's two o'clock.
If you're CP Rail, it's fourteen hundred hours.
If you're Chicago and North Western, the big hand is on the two and
the little hand is on the twelve.
And, if you're Amtrak, ....... it's Tuesday!