Re: [BRHSlist] Last regular use of mainline steam

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Last regular use of mainline steam
From: Ed Pavlovic <epav1@w...>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 23:23:50 -0600
I'd like to thank those that replied to my question on the last regular usage of
steam on the mainline. I really should have been a little more specific, as I
was not really interested in the actual "last run" but more of when a large
number of the 4-8-4's or the 2-10-4's were used on either the mainline to the
Twin Cities or to Denver out of Chicago. Some of the captions in Mike Spoor's
books allude that they often were pulled out of storage for the fall grain rush,
but they don't really say when the last big "hurrah" of steam occurred.

Thanks again,

Ed Pavlovic