Re: Proto GP 7 detail parts

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Proto GP 7 detail parts
From: mack@c...
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 23:23:33 -0000
In regard to the steam generator parts, the standard parts that come
with the Proto 2000 models do not seem to be correct for CB&Q. As I
recall, all the shots of s/g equipped GPs and SDs have a rather high
looking straight exhaust stack. Does anyone make a correct set of
CB&Q steam generator detail parts?

In regard to the winterization hatches, these come with the P2K kit
and I have used the ones included. Is there anything wrong with them
(doesn't seem to be)? For my 2 Atlas redbird GP7's I just purchased,
I bought winterization hatches from either Details West or Detail
Associates (can't remember which right now). They are plastic and fit
fine. I will get details, including part numbers and post.

Q Connection http://www.qconnection.bizhosting.com/ said they were
going to be producing the GP7/GP9 heater cabinet and vents. I don't
know if they have done so. Their web site said they would be out
Spring of 2000 and run about $2.00. It looks like some changes might
have to be made to the handrails to mount the heater - an issue of
the way the prototype did it, not the kit.

Tom Mack

--- In BRHSlist@y..., "John A. Swearingen" <jas@s...> wrote:
> Am looking into what detail parts I will need to dress up a Proto
2000 GP 7.
> Need some help here. Are these dual headlights high on each end of
the
> prototype Oscillating Dual Pyle Gyralights, or Oscillating Dual
Mars?