Re: [BRHSlist] O5 4-8-4s

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] O5 4-8-4s
From: atsf3460@a...
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:49:09 EST
I'd like to know the "proper" answer to this as well. I lump all the early
4-8-4s into the class O5. When you get to the the O5s with vestibule cabs I
add the suffix and call them all O5as. Only when they get converted to oil
burners do I call them O5bs. The engines that don't follow this rule are the
middle versions that have modern drivers but no vestibule cab - I guess is
just lump them in with the early O5s. Right now I don't have any models of
this class so I don't worry about it! Even though there are three versions
(four if you count the oil burners) of "Q" 4-8-4s the railroad (I think?)
probably just called 'em O5s or #5600s.

Mike Martin (who would still love to pace a fired-up #5600 at 80mph on US34
someday) - Peoria Heights, IL