Re: CB&Q Waycars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: CB&Q Waycars
From: Ken martin <kmartin@c...>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 21:02:15 -0700
Roger Kirkpatrick wrote:

> There are 3 wood, cupola, cabooses at the Napa Valley Railway Inn,
> 6503 Washington St., Yountville. They are reported as ex-NWP cars.
> Could 2 of these be ex-CB&Q?

If this is by the depot with the two strings of reefers then two are the
CB&Q waycars and the third if I remember is a short NP caboose.

The BN numbers match what is in the Waycar book but I do not think they were
ever renumbered as when I first saw them they were still in Q   paint, 14379
was in the Q (not BN) green paint which I understand means the car is for yard
use. Before questions on green start I am posting a pic to the photo section at: