Re: [BRHSlist] Re: steam to the pipe

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: steam to the pipe
From: Ken martin <kmartin@c...>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 23:46:42 -0700
"William Franckey" <budapest@g...> wrote:

> Dear List, Does anyone have an idea of what kind of early
> passenger coaches were used by the CB&Q in the mid to late
> 1850's? Were passenger cars from the Aurora Branch extended
> to the CMT ? If so does anyone have an idea to the makers
> name? I have some early Q reports but the information is stored
> out of harm's way.
>
> Bill:

I sent the question to Bill Glick and his response was:

The most info I have seen is in Ralph Bargers "A Century of Pullman Cars" Vol
II, it references cars built in Aurora in the 1860s. Some for the CB&Q. It is
really hard to find both exterior photos or drawings and floor plans to match.
But this is the best source I have found.

Both available on www.Amazon.com

Ken Martin