Re: steam to the pipe

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: steam to the pipe
From: PIXELS@A...
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 18:13:53 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@y..., "William Franckey" <budapest@g...> wrote:
> Dear List, Does anyone have an idea of what kind of early
passenger coaches were used by the CB&Q in the mid to late
1850's? Were passenger cars from the Aurora Branch extended
to the CMT ? If so does anyone have an idea to the makers
name? I have some early Q reports but the information is stored
out of harm's way.

Bill:

Recent research into the early days of the Aurora Branch RR, the
Chicago & Aurora RR, and the CB&Q; and some discusions with
fellow historians, has lead to some interesting finds that only
beg more questions. The work was started for a history of
Chicago Union Station. I wanted to know how each company
wound up at CUS.

Between freinds like Jim Singer, Dave Lotz, and Lee Hastman,
conversations and documents began to tell a story. Recently I
have been digging into Q and ICRR archives at The Newberry
Library. Contracts between the ICRR, CB&Q and C&I indicate
some through operation, but do not disclose, as of today,
equipment assignments. There will be more to come.

I will look into some others sources and get back to you.

BTW, I enjoyed the early brake info.
Ed DeRouin