Portage tower

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Portage tower
From: "Robert Krueger" <bkrueger@c...>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:01:09 -0600
Just wondering if anyone is aware of any printed plans for the Portage,
Illinois tower. I would like to model this tower in H.O. scale and all I
have are a few photos. I also realize this is an I.C. tower, but thought
someone in this group might have information, memories, etc. I am intrigued
with this area and would love to know more about the Galena River swing
bridge and the small depot at Galena Jct., but that might be pushing it.....
I have the Michael Spoor book, vol. 2 on the CB&Q which has some nice
photos, as well as Model Railroad Planning 1999, where Jeff Wilson of Model
Railroader modeled this area. Are there other resources available???

Thanks for any insights!

Sabula Bob