Re: [BRHSlist] Locomotive Pool Power

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Locomotive Pool Power
From: barbarland@a...
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 23:13:31 EST
My memories of Clinton would be as follows, the Milw had FM's at Clinton for
a long time. Their yard was north of the CNW in downtown where the Post
Office is now. They interchanged Q and RI cars at the Q yard. They
interchanged CNW's at the CNW yard. The CNW interchanged to the Milw at their
yard going up by the ballpark to setout. The Milw and the Q brought cars to
the Clinton Corn, now ADM through South Clinton. The Q kept a GP at Clinton
with the run from Galesburg (Barstow?) usually coming up with a trio of SD7's
or 9's. The RI came up with anythng but remember GE's a lot. The Q switched
out the RI cars and built their outbound train as I recall. The Milw FM's
would roam the Dri-Line as well as the Q as everyone switched Dupont though
at one time it was done on a four month rotation between the three. The Q
usually switched(es) By-Products and the Milw-Soo-CP-Imrl switched(es)
Sethness.
The Q brought all the coal in for Clinton Corn so really needed the power.
going across the CNW drawbridge to get to East Clinton and the line down
through Garden Plain and on to Denrock. I know a photo existed of the last
run across the bridge.
The CNW had GP's but switchers too with repowered Baldwins and Alcos from
the CGW used, 1010 and 1090 come to mind.

Sorry about the long wind, my memory was running.

Steve Fye