Re: [BRHSlist] Blackbird Scheme on P2K locos

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Blackbird Scheme on P2K locos
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 05:39:10 EST
In a message dated 11/2/01 11:29:11 AM Central Standard Time, mack@c...
writes:

> To add to the discussion, it appears to me that P2K shot the grey
> OVER the black

Folks just remember one thing when relying on color slides and prints shot in
the 1950's and early 60's for color reference, films do show colors
differently. Each color film has it's own color characteristics, fading, and
that is all before you consider the lighting, weathering, exposure to
sunlight, washing chemicals, and the person who painted the engine either at
EMD or repainting at the paint shop. Also add in there the difference in
batches of paint. I agree the PK2 GP's the gray looks dark to me as well.

I remember when Stewart released the Burlington F's.... the paint to me
looked too dark... However Dave Lotz showed me a paint chip and the color on
the F's were a perfect match. I still remember a quote from Don Douglas of
the Douglas commercial aircraft company..... "We have 50 shades of white
paint in stock!"

If the color looks good to you and good on the layout.... It works for me!

Loren