Re: [BRHSlist] Blackbird Scheme on P2K locos

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Blackbird Scheme on P2K locos
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 16:04:50 EST
In a message dated 11/5/01 9:53:36 AM Central Standard Time,
charlie@k... writes:

> Oooooh, great! Another chance to start the White vs. Gray paint
> discussion!!! <ggggg>

Charlie,

LOL I painted my ABBA set of F3's for the Q in almost white! Well sort of a
slightly warm white! I like the color.... I am sure that the prototypes were
darker than my models are however my models don't go throught the wash rack,
chalk out in the sun, and I hope never spill lube oil on themselves.

The mix I used was 3 drops silver, and 2 drops dark blue to one bottle of
reefer white.
I am really happy with the results. So they are almost white! What is really
cool..... as the go around the Little Q's layout they change color as the
lighting in the layout room changes from the warm floods to the bluer floods.
Like I said about DOn Douglas...... we have 50 shades of white paint!

Loren

Loren