Re: Badger Paint

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Badger Paint
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@h...>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 07:47:43 -0800
Bcc:
I was not going to give my two cents, but I too think that 4 oz of model paint for $18.25 is ridiculous. I know that at least one employee of Badger who subscribes to the list and therefore offer my comments with the hope that Badger will reconsider it's marketing plan:

If one considers that most paint is thinned by 40-50%, this means that a single bottle will make almost 8 oz of paint. How long will that last without drying out? A 1 oz bottle of Floquil will paint several engines. Unless one has a full roaster of every numbered GP, I believe the paint will dry up LONG before half the bottle is used.

Why not reduce the size in half, then I would consider purchasing a bottle as long as the price is under $10, but I will not pay $18.25 for a bottle no matter how accurate it is.

Ray
San Jose CA

Badger will soon be releasing their "Custom Line" of model railroad paint
colors. One of the six colors for 2002 is an accurate CB&Q Blackbird Grey. The Custom Line paints will be sold in 4 oz, pourable, re-sealable bottles for $18.25. These paint colors will only be available for one year.