Re: [BRHSlist] Some key dates needed ASAP

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Some key dates needed ASAP
From: Larry Stoll <lgstoll@y...>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 15:29:55 -0500
My understanding was that the Northern Cross started to build a line from
Quincy to Camp Point,IL where it left what
would later become the Q, to Clayton,IL where the Wabash would later come from
the north, to Meredosia,IL to
Jacksonville and possibly Springfield,IL.

Before the line made it into Quincy, the Northern Cross went bankrupt (war?)
and someone else bought the line but I
didn't think they used the Northern Cross name. This other company or possibly
a third completed the line from Quincy to
Galesburg.

Sorry I don't have dates. Its been awhile since I researched Quincy railroads.
If someone else knows otherwise, please
reply.

Larry Stoll