Re: [BRHSlist] Re: those ghost towns

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: those ghost towns
From: Brad Slaney <bradslaney@w...>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 22:37:10 -0700
From: "Steven Holding" <hold-on@s...>
To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 9:50 PM

> Ray wins the prize. Yet to be determined.
> Early Railroad names often came from people who helped build the RR
> Hinckley ; Francis E. Hinckley and Waterman ; Daniel B. Waterman an Aurora
> hardware merchant. Sometimes the names are lost in history to those who
use
> them every day C&I a lot of people do not know what it means. There use
> to be a much used track at Oregon called the CB&N. Even in more modern
> times people get honored Perkins, Budd, and Murphy. Just as someone
tried
> to compile a list of people who acheived fame and were railroaders it
would
> be neat to compile a list of the names and where it came from for the
> railroad.
> Often books are written on names found in each state. I once did a
college
> paper on RR names
> sjh

Steve,

The textbook I had for intermediate accounting was written by a Professor
from Northern Illinois University. It seemed that every problem involved a
bank from that area including the Waterman State Bank and the Hinckley
National Bank. Whether these financial pillars ever existed I don't know,
probably not. But the names are preserved in an obscure college textbook
which by now, is probably obsolete.

BRAD