Re: [BRHSlist] Re: those ghost towns

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: those ghost towns
From: Steven Holding <hold-on@s...>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 23:50:05 -0500
Ray wins the prize. Yet to be determined.
Early Railroad names often came from people who helped build the RR
Hinckley ; Francis E. Hinckley and Waterman ; Daniel B. Waterman an Aurora
hardware merchant. Sometimes the names are lost in history to those who use
them every day C&I a lot of people do not know what it means. There use
to be a much used track at Oregon called the CB&N. Even in more modern
times people get honored Perkins, Budd, and Murphy. Just as someone tried
to compile a list of people who acheived fame and were railroaders it would
be neat to compile a list of the names and where it came from for the
railroad.
Often books are written on names found in each state. I once did a college
paper on RR names
sjh