Re: [BRHSlist] joint trains with CRIP?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] joint trains with CRIP?
From: Wes Leatherock <wleath@s...>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 19:14:29 -0500 (CDT)
On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 PSHedgpeth@a... wrote:

> Wes et al
>
> Your info would support that TSRwas a RI train and that others were FWD or Jt.
>
> RI trains always used the Santa Fe Station in Ft. Worth and FWD trains used
> the TP

The Twin Star Rocket and the Texas Rocket came in from the north
(Enid, Kansas City) on the RI. The Texas Zephyr (post war) (Amarillo,
Denver) came in on the FWD. I'd be interested to know how the track
layout favored this usage. (Did the TZ and the SHZ use the RI through
Irving rather than the T&P through Arlington?)

> Actually I don't really know the distinction since all of the train and
> engine crews were JTD (Joint Tex Divsion) or BRI (Burlington Rock Island)
> crews whatever train they were running.
>
> I'll have to pull out the BB covering the BRI
>
> Pete

That's from well before I joined the BRHS, and I'd be interested
in anything you find.

Wes Leatherock
wleath@s...