Re: [BRHSlist] joint trains with CRIP?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] joint trains with CRIP?
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:32:06 EDT
Wes et al

Yes to your question re RI through Irving rather than TP through Arlington.

The track layout was such that RI trains from the north headed south past
Peach Yard around the west leg of the wye, up the hill past tower 55 and onto
the Santa Fe. Southbound trains then backed into the Santa Fe Depot. When
leaving for Houston southbound trains from the Santa Fe station would head
south past tower 55, then back down the hill around the west leg of the wye
toward Peach Yard and then head back south around the east leg entering the
main line at what I think was Purina Jct. (Purina Jct may have been the
north switch of the wye.). I operate strictly from memory. If you were at
the BRHS RI meet last year and made the trip to Teague you traveled over the
east leg of the wye to get on the Ft. Worth-Dallas line.

Northbound trains from Houston going north on the RI to Kansas City would
follow the reverse procedure. It was quite a complicated and time consuming
maneuver.

Northbound trains from Houston going toward Amarillo and Denver had more or
less a straight shot off the BRI mainline going east, crossing the Santa Fe
and onto the TP Depot.

Someone more familiar or with a better memory please straighten me out on the
Jct. names. It seems that Purina Jct was the switch off the east leg of the
wye onto the BRI main, but it may have been the north switch (Closer to the
Purina plant (hence the name).

Pete