Re: [BRHSlist] Bit** Bit** Bit**! (was Zephyr 44/Troop Kitchen Car)

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Bit** Bit** Bit**! (was Zephyr 44/Troop Kitchen Car)
From: Paul/Celine Kossart <kozys@t...>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:25:50 -0500
Dear B (ig) N (othin') John,

Gee, if you are the moderator of this list then we are being ill served and I call for you to be replaced. I am in the middle of having a discussion of available models for the Burlington, which is, I thought, a topic that the Society encourages, when I get flamed out of nowhere by Mr. Vlk -- and you support him and try to reprimand ME! Believe me, I responded to Mr. Vlk's remarks with great restraint and you should be relieved and thankful that I have exercised such a level of self control.

This list, at least I thought, was of a higher caliber than most others I am on but when I see a so called moderator who defends the abuser and reprimands the abusee, I have to wonder about the qualification of that so called moderator. You may not agree with my opinion on something but that does not give you, or anyone else the right to respond in an inappropriate manner. A REAL moderator will not join in the attack because he happens to agree with the opinion of the flamer. You should have warned Mr. Vlk that inflammatory statements he is making are not appropriate to the decorum of this list -- at least that's what a REAL moderator would do which, IMO, you obviously are not.

I am not interested in everything that gets discussed on the list but if it is Burlington Route related that is okay; that is SUPPOSED to be the purpose of this list. Never would I jump in and make inflammatory remarks to those having the discussion. What makes you think you can? Because you're the moderator? No way, bub, you of all people should exercise the most restraint and set and maintain the tone of this list. If you cannot or will not take this responsibility, than please step down and let someone with the proper focus and maturity take your place.

Paul Kossart