Hockey Scheme SD45's and such

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Hockey Scheme SD45's and such
From: "Thomas Kaufman" <elmer53@y...>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 02:13:33 -0000
I am sitting here eating a big plate of crow, with my #10 pair of
feet in my 4th point of contact with no hope of removal. Why you ask?
I decided to watch one of my videos since I have the house to myself
and it's quiet, so I pulled my PENTREX Fallen Flag Series Tape Number
FFS02, titled Classic Chicago Railroading, out and put in the VCR and
started to watch. And what do you think I saw. Footage of SD45's
(couldn't get the numbers), and GE locomotives, (again couldn't see
any numbers), in the supposed Hockey Stick Green and Black
experimental scheme that wasn't supposed to be on any engines, that
were delivered, because they never left EMD that way, operating in
daily service because the scheme was not adopted. One of the dates I
believe was in 1970, but I am not sure on the date in 1970.
I said in my earlier post that someone needed to verify by prints
slides and or movie/video if these locomotives ever got out and were
used in mainline service. Well, I stand corrected and my statement
now is that I now have had some proof that they did exist. Well, I
have alot of crow to go so I will sign off. Where'd my wife put that
hot sauce?

Tom Kaufman