Re: [BRHSlist] SD-45 In Chinese Red?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] SD-45 In Chinese Red?
From: BNJohn@a...
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 00:33:08 EDT
cbq682@g... writes:

> In all of the books that I have looked through, the color of green
> used on the SD-45s was always referred to as "cascade green". I
> know that Michael J. Spoor's book reflects this label.
>
> Ralph W. Brown, Jr.
> Galesburg, IL

Ralph,
After looking thu my DuPont stuff I found the numbers for the Q Green used on
the SD45's and the Green that the BN used. Neither numbers or DPS numbers
match so the info in those books are incorrect. If you look at some photos or
slides you can tell that the colors are different. The Q color is more like a
Kelly Green whereas the BN Green is much darker. Of course I have at least 4
different shades of BN Green here at the house each mixed at a different
place, so you can figure that the Q green varied depending on where it was
mixed.

John Lee
St.Louis,MO.