Re: [BRHSlist] SD-45 In Chinese Red?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] SD-45 In Chinese Red?
From: BNJohn@a...
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 00:16:42 EDT
In a message dated 8/5/01 9:07:42 PM Central Daylight Time, epav1@w...
writes:

> John,
> How different a shade is it from BN Green? Are we talking a big
> difference?
> I noticed that most of the Q's freight equipment painted in the pre
> merger
> green weathered quite a bit different than the shade used post merger. I
> seem to recall a recommendation of another shade of Modelflex green
> before,
> but don't remember the shade right now.
>
> Ed Pavlovic

Ed,

The green in question is more like a kelly green and is quite different than
cascade green. Dave Lotz and I found a color in the line that we thought
kind of matched some of the photographs that we had. I believe that color
was gloss green. I am having a sample made from the Dupont numbers that I
obtained and will see how close it is to the gloss green. If its real close
I will not have this made. If it is off, I will mix for now at least 8 oz.
As this is the minimum that my chemist will make. Will keep you advised as
this progresses.

John Lee