Re: [BRHSlist] Walthers Budd 45 seat coach

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Walthers Budd 45 seat coach
From: "Burlington John" <CBQJohn@m...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 20:38:14 -0700
Looking at my Q passenger car diagram book, it seems that the pre-war cars did
not have the full length skirting. Also, it appears that some of the pre-war
cars didn't have the fluting that covered the area on either side of the road
name boards either. My guess is that Walthers made the sacrifice for curve
radius limitations by leaving out the full length skirts....

While I haven't seen a Q car yet, I have looked at a SP car....these Budd cars
are far superior to anything in HO plastic (Athearn, ConCor, IHC or Rivarossi)
that is currently available.

Is there anybody out there that is an expert on Q passenger cars (Rich G)?

Regards,
John Lewis