Cantilever/Singal Bridges

To: "BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Cantilever/Singal Bridges
From: Ralph Brown <cbq682@g...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 07:43:59 -0500
All of the postings regarding the former, or current use, CB&Q
cantilevers and signal bridges has caught my eye and caused me to
think. Since I am young and been studying the CB&Q for about 1.5 years,
I don't know everything.

What is a cantilever? Is it a "half" signal bridge?

Here in Galesburg just south of the current depot, there is a structure
that is a . . . large upside down "L" bracket, for lack of a better
explanation. In the BB "Burlington Boxes" edition, I can see the
structure is holding signals. It no longer holds signals. Is this a
cantilever?

Also to Mr. Glen Haug, a topic in a future Burlington Bulletin reference
this subject would be a wonderful way to educate us young and record
your material.

Ralph W. Brown, Jr.
Galesburg, IL