CB&Q Signal Systems

To: BRHSlist <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: CB&Q Signal Systems
From: Ed DeRouin <PIXELS@A...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:01:03 -0500
To All:

Glen Haug and I have been talking about this subject for well over a year.
Glen is doing a wonderful job of ferreting data and organizing it in a very
useful way. Steve Holding has shared his files with me along with several
other fine people. I have interviewed many former employees and am
organizing the data. Just last week I spoke with Hol about the magnitude of
the information and suggested that the story about dispatching and the
signal system be divided into at least two, maybe three logical units.
Therefore the material would be spread across several Bulletins.

Glen, I apologize for not sharing this with you sooner. I would like to
include everything you have supplied because of the completeness and
accuracy.

To all, please do not create an expectation. I could have remained more or
less silent. Yes, I know that is something that is sometimes difficult for
me.... The research is continuing. The material is becoming organized, but I
an far from having a finished product. With many research projects, once one
starts really looking, he often finds more than was realized. That is the
case.

Presentation of the data on this list is not a satisfactory solution and is
unfair to BRHS members that do not connect to the internet. So to dribble,
stuff out on this list is not only premature, but out of the question.
Certainly, Glen is free to distribute his data as he wishes. My choice is to
wait for the final product.

When you ask? In less time than a book on the Zephyrs..... Seriously, I have
three books in production and two projects for BRHS, the other is the
history of the Chicago Division. I think is would be reasonable to see the
first article in two years.

Ed DeRouin