Re: CB&Q Cantilever Signal Bridges

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: CB&Q Cantilever Signal Bridges
From: glenehaug@m...
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 05:56:27 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@y..., "David Ulibarri" <davidulibarri@g...> wrote:
> I have enjoyed reading the posts about CB&Q's cantilever signal
> bridges...Also, how does one model this signal bridge in HO Scale?

Dave, I am actually working on research and some sketches that would
help someone model the Q signal bridges. That is why I have been
asking questions from time to time. Although I have found a lot of
old Q signal bridge drawings, there are some "holes" in the
information, like Aurora to St. Paul, and across Iowa.

I can tell you that the specific bridge you asked about at Council
Bluffs is gone. All of the cantilevers at Council Bluffs and Pacific
Jct. have been removed, but the foundations are still in, as these
were very large and probably too expensive to take out.

I haven't figured out how to distribute this information to those who
want to use it. It is probably too much information to include all
of it with any future article on signaling, but it could be
distributed hard copy or on CD. And I also need to make it a little
more complete. Having said that, there are a lot of bridges that I
have complete information on, and could send it out now if someone
wants to model a particular bridge.

Glen Haug