Re: [BRHSlist] St. Louis to Burlington / Ottumwa IA trip

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] St. Louis to Burlington / Ottumwa IA trip
From: Ken martin <kmartin@c...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 18:06:25 -0700
Joel McCurry wrote:

> What are the Q sights to see in terms of remaining stations,
> roundhouses, etc.?

I am not too certain south of Hannibal but think Old MOnroe is still there.
There are stations I know of at Canton, MO., Keokuk(neat brick building),
Ft. Madison and Burlington.

> Are there some bridges other than the bridges at Burlington and across
> the Des Moines River south of Burlington?

There is a single span bridge across the Wyaconda at Lacross,Mo.(get off the
highway) and a two span bridge across the Skunk at Wever,Ia.

>Are there any museums that have Q information? What hours are they
>open?

I don't know how much Q info they have but there is a museum in FT. Madison in
the Santa Fe depot.

Enjoy the trip.

Ken Martin