St. Louis to Burlington / Ottumwa IA trip

To: BRHSList@yahoogroups.com
Subject: St. Louis to Burlington / Ottumwa IA trip
From: Joel McCurry <southmtn@w...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 00:37:16 -0700
I am planning to go to St. Louis on July 4 for the NMRA convention. I
am going up to Hannibal, on Thursday and on to Burlington, IA on
Saturday and returning to St. Louis on Sunday.

What are the Q sights to see in terms of remaining stations,
roundhouses, etc.?

What is the best time of day to see trains on this line and the Chicago-
Denver line in Burlington?

I noticed a park south of Hannibal overlooking the river, Is it
possible to see trains from the bluff?

Are there some bridges other than the bridges at Burlington and across
the Des Moines River south of Burlington?

Are there any recommended special places for train watching in this
area?

Are there any museums that have Q information? What hours are they
open?

A side trip to Ottumwa is under consideration. Are there any Q sights
there or should I spend my Saturday and early Sunday in Burlington?

Thanks for any information and suggestions.

Joel McCurry
Cary, NC