Follow-on Sections

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Follow-on Sections
From: "Rick Keil" <rkeil6721@h...>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 21:24:11 -0500
Bcc:
Looking thru some Model Railroader and recalling a few things I've read, can someone explain why trains, particularly passenger trains, would have a "section following" on a later train. I can almost understand a freight train, possibly produce blocked for an eastern terminal. But a passenger train? Wouldn't the railroad want all the passengers to arrive in Denver on the Denver Zephyr. Also, what would the class lights or flags be for split trains? Thanks for enlightening an ignorant train watcher.

Rick Keil
Omaha, NE