Re: [BRHSlist] Brine

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Brine
From: Ed Pavlovic <epav1@w...>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 21:39:11 -0500
The freezing point of salt water is lower than that of fresh water. If I
remember correctly, the point at which salt water freezes at around 28 degrees
or
so. So adding the brine to the ice/water in the bunkers would in effect lower
the temperature of the by about 4 degrees or so.

By the way, I noticed that the flyer for the prototype modelers seminar put on
by
Sunshine Models in Naperville this year will have a seminar on the IC's banana
trains. Wonder if they'll discuss the empty reefers being handed off to the Q at
East Dubuque? Or better yet, the story about a brakeman getting "shipped"
between C&I stations in one of them....

Ed Pavlovic