Re: Depots

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Depots
From: "Larry L. Doub" <nftrains@n...>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 12:18:56 -0700
Mike Martin / Wrote:

Thanks Larry for your memories of Savanna. Back in '95 or so I went to that
grocery store and you're right - you gotta see the pictures inside. There
are big murals of railroad pictures from Savanna all over the place. I
believe it's the flagship store of Sullivan Foods (who just bought some of
the Tompson Grocery Stores in the Peoria area).

I believe a Pamida store essentially sits on top of the site of the old MILW
roundhouse today.

Mike Martin / Peoria Heights, IL

Mike,
If I remember right, there was always a store there, of some sort,
I think the roundhouse sat down on the end of that street back in there
someplace,
The next time I get back up in that area I'll look up "Bubby" Andreson, Sort of
Uncle, And talk to him about it, maybe even get him to go down there and have a
look see.
Maybe I'll get ahold of my dad and see about getting a copy or copies of the RR
area'a there, if anyone could get them I bet he could.

Larry L Doub.

"As for the dimeantions f the Thomson Depot that was earlier in a Digest, I
can't find anyone who knows, would have to go and measure it out.