Rio Grande Modeling & Historical Society

To: "BRHSlist@o..." <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Rio Grande Modeling & Historical Society
From: Bob Webber <zephyr1@a...>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 09:43:45 -0500
For those of us with shared interest, or just those wishing for more
information on shared trains (CZ, DZ, etc.) and facilities):

After a long and sometimes painful journey, the Rio Grande Modeling &
Historical Society is finally in a position to accept memberships. For the
moment, the society can only accept memberships via snail mail, but that
will change in a matter of a few days. For those of you who are interested
in joining the society, pay a visit to
http://rgmhs.drgw.org/. There you will find a link labeled "Membership
Application" which will display the form as an Adobe Acrobat PDF file. If
you don't have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, go to www.adobe.com. Then,
print the form, fill it out and send it, with your check or money order to
the address on the application.

Let me assure everyone that we are already working on the first issue of The
Prospector, the official publication of the Rio Grande Modeling & Historical
Society. We have an ambitious goal for the first issue, i.e., we want it to
be available in time for the Narrow Gauge Convention in Salt Lake City this
coming September. To achieve that goal, two things have to happen. First,
we need more articles for the magazine. Second, we need at least 200
members by July 1, 2001.

Publishing a magazine of the quality that we envision for The Prospector is
an expensive undertaking and is only feasible if the society gets sufficient
members. Of course having enough members makes it possible to pay to have
the magazine printed, but without authors, there will be nothing to print.
So, the RGM&HS needs your help in two ways: join the society, and start
writing! If you have an idea for an article and haven't submitted it
previously, I would love to hear from you. Either fill out the form at
http://rgmhs.drgw.org/guidelines/artform.htm or send an e-mail directly to
me. To those of you who have already submitted an idea for an article, I'll
be in touch in the next day or two.

email: drgw@d...