UP detector cars

To: "BRHS" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: UP detector cars
From: <metcalf@a...>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 20:49:24 -0600
Cc: "Union _Pacific" <Union_Pacific@yahoogroups.com>, "Stream Liner" <UP_Streamliner@yahoogroups.com>
UP DC-3 was a Detroit & Mackinac Brill gas-electric passenger which was
converted to rail detection by some company named something like TEC (I've
got a note on this somewhere) and then purchased by the UP.
UP DC-4 was supposedly a converted baggage car.
UP EC-4 was built by Plasser Theurer in Austria during 1995. It is bldr #
112 and model EM 120-EC-4
Norm Metcalf
Boulder CO