Budd Car Fluting

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Budd Car Fluting
From: "Rick Keil" <rkeil6721@h...>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 18:51:16 -0500
All, I am in the process of doing some minor cosmetic "make-overs" on some of my passenger equipment to make it at least a little more accurate. Like changing the names on Con-Cor domes to match the styles! After comparing the Athearn 72' baggage to the passenger car library, vol 1, it appears that is similar to Argos and Olympus. Vents and windows in the doors I can live with. I also need to shave the extra sign board off the side. Lastly, it is missing the small fluting along the skirts. Does anyone know of any "peel-n-stick" or think plastic fluting that can be used? Thanks

OBTW, Dave, I will be starting that Havelock baggage soon to go with this set. The BB on those cars sure saved me a headache (couldn't believe that every shot of a Havelock was from the same side showing the double doors in front!!!)

Rick Keil
Omaha, NE