Re: Mendota customer information

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Mendota customer information
From: "Matt " <railfan04@y...>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:43:21 -0000
Leo and the others,

I am a good friend with the guy you (Leo) spoke with at the Mendota
Museum (the one that built the layout) and we came up with this
information for you. Like someone else said the place right across
from Conco's was a FS facility. Here is a list of companies. Stark
Stock Yards was just east of the Mendota Farmer's Co-op next to Rte.
34 on the south side of the tracks.

Swift was north of Hart Carter (which is there now) north of 1st
Avenue. There was a spur served by the Q on the Q side which is
still there but a building is built over spur but still visible in
some spots. Swift manfuctured feed. The company that is there now
(where Swift was) is Continental Grain. They make ingredients going
into feed.

The building in a picture by Mike Gleason on page 65 of Mike Spoor's
Chicago, Burlington & Quincy in Color Volume one which was where the
Motor Wheel building is now. The company was J.D. Inderidian and
they were a canning house for corn- IC served this facility.

Thats what the guys in Mendota and I could come up with for you. If
you have any more questions please ask.

Matt Phalen
Wyanet, IL
BNSF Mendota Sub MP 111