Westmont IL depot

To: "BRHSlist" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Westmont IL depot
From: mmatalis@s...
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 22:36:09 -0600
I noticed that no one has responded so far to the request for info about the
Westmont depot, which is a bit of a shame since now I've got questions about
it. I have VERY faint memories of it; having moved to the neighboring town
of Downers Grove in 1958 at the ripe age of 4, but for obvious reasons I
didn't get out much then. I seem to remember a single story structure, but I
can't remember what happened to it (for some reason a fire comes to mind),
only that at some point in time it was replaced by a bizarre Quonset hut
like thing made of Plexiglas that was like a hot house in summer. Now even
that is gone, replaced by a modern brick structure. OK enough rambling; what
happened to the Q's Westmont depot, and when was it removed?

Thanks in advance for any info you might have.

Mike Matalis
Downers Grove, IL
mmatalis@s...