Re: [BRHSlist] FW: California Z.

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] FW: California Z.
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 00:56:16 EST
In a message dated 3/20/01 5:07:03 PM Central Standard Time,
Dave_Lotz@m... writes:

<< Is this the first time the CAZ has derailed? If not, what
were the other dates?
Thanks,
Steve Lager >>

In July of 1978 the then San Francisco Zephyr Amtrak # 6 (Eastbound) hit a
freight train derailment on or near the bridge on the Burlington (BN)
crossing over the IHB at Congress Park IL. Also in 1968 (?) on the Rio Grande
the CZ derailed.

Another time in 1958 the CZ running on the Burlington hit an automobile on
the west side of Plano IL, no derailment although the lead E Unit suffered
damage and I am sure there were some flat wheels. I do know the people in the
car were killed.

Loren Johnson