Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Challenger Zephyrs & others

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Challenger Zephyrs & others
From: "M. Thayer" <zephyr@k...>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 12:58:13 -0600
From: <kkd423@h...>
To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2001 12:02 AM
Subject: [BRHSlist] Re: Challenger Zephyrs & others

> --- In BRHSlist@y..., "John Lewis" <CBQJohn@m...> wrote:
> >

> > I placed a reservation for a Challenger MTZ over a year ago at my
> local hobby shop. When will it arrive? Beats me.
>
> John
> I think the Challenger Mark Twains came and went several years ago.
> There is the possibility that it will be rerun with the rest of the
> Zephyrs, but nothing is certain at this stage. Maybe another import

I spoke with Challenger on the phone the other day. They definitely hope to
run the MTZs again, but this is conbditional both on the amount of consumer
interest and their suppliers' scheduling. At present, the supplier has
sufficient work in hand and is giving ridiculous cost estimates. Challenger
is waiting for the schedule to open up and the price to become more viable.
I expressed my interest in purchasing one at a reasonable price, and
encourage other fans of 9903 to contact Challenger in the same vein. It
helps.

Marshall