Kable Bros.

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Kable Bros.
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 20:58:11 EST
Jerry,
Yes, switched Kable Bros a few times. Keep in mind that was 20-25 years ago
(man time flies!) and I don't have my SPINS map or a track diagram on the
desk this moment. As I recall we switched from the West end and the
"Forreston Main" was stubbed only a few car lengths west of the switch into
the plant. There were 2 trks with long wooden platforms between them for
unloading and the tracks did go into the building. Again as my faulty memory
serves the loads of inbound paper in 50' plug door
boxes(MEC,CN,CP,VC,BAR,etc.) went inside and the the TOFC equipment stayed
outside and was loaded from the wooden platforms.
The best part of switching the plant was the trip to and fro as it was always
a matter of luck, chance and a special prayer as to whether you stayed on the
rail between Mt Morris and Oregon. Some subscribed to the theory that it was
better to go fast and thereby "smooth out" the low spots, broken rails, tight
curves,etc.
Leo