Re: [BRHSlist] Re: CB&Q VO-1000's

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: CB&Q VO-1000's
From: rgortowski@a...
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 18:14:17 EST
In a message dated 3/13/01 8:59:09 AM Pacific Standard Time, jsauer@e...
writes:

> I noticed in the photos that the VO1000's had some kind of box on the
> hood just in front of the cab. Do you know what these were and
> whether there is a part available to duplicate?

There are several things that were added to the VO1000's during their
careers. The box you are referring to was probably part of the radio setup
(a wire from the wagon wheel ran into it. Other changes included wagon wheel
antennas, all weather windows, and generators. You have to watch when these
were added. It seems that many of these were added in the early 50's (though
the wagon wheel antenna is before that). Look at prototype pictures for
clues.

Rich