Re: [BRHSlist] Boilers in 1936 Denver Zephyr

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Boilers in 1936 Denver Zephyr
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@p...>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 00:24:10 -0600
Marshall

I did look at Dorin's book after I wrote the message. And I saw where he
states the boilers were in the B unit and saw the vaned exhaust vents.

There is a nice picture of one of the B units on page 25 of Fulcomer's book on
the Colorado and Southern -- Southern Division. It is the third unit pulling
the Texas Zephyr (the caption for the picture misses it). The steam vents can
be seen on it as well, but the vanes are gone.

Thanks
sjl