Boilers in 1936 Denver Zephyr

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Boilers in 1936 Denver Zephyr
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@p...>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 20:34:51 -0600

The diagrams of the 1936 Denver Zephyr Auxilliary Power RPO in neither
"Passenger
Car Diagrams", nor Randall's "The Passenger Car Library Volume 1 - CB&Q" show
boilers, whereas that for the auxilliary power car on the Twin/Nebraska Zephyrs
show one in the former book and two in the latter.

Does anyone know if the DZ's auxilliary power car had boilers ever and where
they
were located? In Randall's book, the car does show boiler water filler
connections on each side of the car but they are outside of the mail apartment..

sjl