Re: [BRHSlist] Any news on CB&Q 3007?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Any news on CB&Q 3007?
From: atsf3460@a...
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 11:41:44 EST
Excursion engines that still burn coal that will be active in 2001:

Milwaukee S3 #261
SP&S #700 (I'm almost positive this is a coal burner - copy of an NP A3 I
believe)
the Soo 4-6-2 #2719(?) and Mike #1003

The Frisco #1522 group has added another excursion for the NRHS convention in
June. A round trip up the Burlington to West Quincy and back. Anyone hear
her a few years back at Galesburg Railroad Days the year she had a "Q"
whistle instead of the normal booming steamboat whistle?

Thoughts on IRM's #3007: IRM is a great museum but I suspect the way to get
#3007 restored is to have a core group dedicated only to #3007 with a moneyed
patron saint to ramrod through a restoration (maybe similiar to Northstar /
#261). If I hit the Lotto perhaps ... hey Galesburg want to sell your
Hudson? Or out to Wyoming to bring an O5 back to Illinois!

Mike Martin / Peoria Heights, IL